Our Facebook, Twitter, and knitters on the street sources have reported:
- Springwools have lowered their price of Kilcarra Aran Tweed
- Knit ‘nd Make in Rathmines have some selected yarns on sale
- This is Knit has more Malabrigo & Dublin Dye Co. yarns in
- there is a man knitting storyline on Fair City
- some knitting groups may or may not be meeting up in the coming week due to the Easter/spring break
- please check the Easter weekend hours of your LYS before heading out for a visit
Who ever said that men can not knit? Well, Franklin does…
Today is a national holiday where…
I’ve been scribbling…The concept is simple; thin and thick yarn to create a simple and elegant handknit scarf or stole. The pattern is loosely based on the Scribble Scarf by Mason & Dixon Knitting.
This is a project that does not break the bank. If you are a knitter with a large stash, you may already have a ball of a kidsilk type yarn that you’ve been saving for the project.
For under a tenner, you can purchase 1 ball of Kidsilk and 1 ball of Eskimo from The Constant Knitter.
For my chocolate strawberry shawl,
I had a ball of Rowan’s Kidsilk Haze from my stashpile and for under a tenner, I bought a skein of Louisa Harding’s Sari Ribbon at This is Knit.
Here’s another great idea and for less than ten euros, I handspun this lovely Ashford’s Merino/Silk roving from The Yarn Room,
to create this lovely yarn, which will be scribbled into another scarf…
Well, this blog made it to the shortlist for the Irish Blog Awards 2010…Let’s see what happens when this list is further shortened. Also good luck and best wishes to our Irish knitty bloggers…
The Crafty Market is held on the first Sunday of each month…
Lot’s of fiber related stuff…
taking time to knit…